Friday, February 1, 2008

February is Technique Month; here at Purple Faerie that is

Yep, it is official that here at Purple Faerie, February it is now Technique Month.


My number 1 resource for techniques is via the Technique Junkie Newsletter. The think tank behind this resource is Pat Huntoon. She is an incredibly innovative force who's passion is scrapbooking and stamping. Check out her article in this months Purple Faerie Newsletter, if you are not currently a subscriber to the newsletter sign up via the link provided on the blog or on the website.

The two techniques I'm going to show you samples of are all from the Technique Junkie Newsletter.

This first technique is called Acrylic Gesso Wash and it is a technique on Waterpaper. You can find it in the June/July 2007 issue.

Here is the sample I made an entire 8x10 sheet of this.












This is the ATC I then made from that sheet.









This is a sample of using the Metallic Alcohol Roll Technique in the October/November 2007 issue of the newsletter.



I haven'te made anything using this as of yet. I am holding onto it for some cards I'm planning on doing for a swap. I'll share those once I get some time to work on them.















1 comment:

Mescrap said...

Love the background paper !