Monday, February 11, 2008

Techniques Month: Exploring another technique

After making my ATC cards with the technique I shared with you last time (Acrylic Gesso Wash) I had some scraps left. With those scraps I used my 1/2" square punch and punched out the remaining squares. Using a bit of Liquid Glass (my favorite liquid glue) I glued some itty bitty flowers onto them. I had no idea what I'd ever use them for and had been saving them all week. This is how they turned out.


Now a new technique I learned from the latest Technique Junkie Newsletter is the Re-inker Splash. My example isn't a very good one. I think I'm going to have to keep trying this one out again and again. I used Chocolate and Garden Green re-inkers and for the metallic I used pearl. Now this scan does not do it justice, but here is a

sample of the results of doing this technique.


I've been working on an ATC for a swap I'm in and using both of these elements I created the following ATC. I stamped with StazOn onto the Re-inker Splash glossy cardstock with the Purple Faerie Clover Tree stamp and cut it out and adheared it to the ATC front added the mini inchie to the corner for a bit of bling. I then stamped the words with the Purple Faerie Kiss Me I'm Irish stamp and used liquid glass on the letters to give them a bit of bling...but something was still missing. I ended up using my Anita's Classic Gold Acrylic Metallic paint and lightly brushed all the edges. I found that when I stamped onto the Re-inker Splash paper you really get a lot of depth to a piece. This is a technique I'm going to have to play more with.

So here is the final ATC results

No comments: