Thursday, March 13, 2008

Bling Card Swap: a return on my investment

Stampers Corner Bling Card Swap




I always look at swaps as a return on my initial investment. So when I get every single card back and absolutely love them it is a wonderful return on my investment. These women did an OUTSTANDING job and I can only apologize if my scans don't do them justice.
Created by Ann Creager

Ann used her Cricut to cut out the word Thanks. The quilted paper just pops off the black and the bit o' bling she added to balance it is pop dotted off the surface. Beautifully simple card.
Created by Cindy Welch

Cindy used the monoprinting with alcohol inks technique on her background paper. This technique is done on glossy cardstock and uses embossing powder. Cindy used gold embossing powder and the scan does not do it any justice. She also used a wide gold ribbon to tie it all together. The color markers she used on the flowers make them simply pop. (the flower images were stamped).
Created by Sandy John

Now I have to apologize to Sandy as there is a pink ribbon skewed across part of her card on this scan but for the life of me I can not get another scan out of my scanner. It is determined to give me fits tonight. The colors Sandy used on this card are outstanding. Soft purple like grey, silver embossing powder, purple cardstock and black with a bit of clear rhinestone bling. Sandy used pop dots to raise the image of the dress.
Created by Trudy Pieterick

The stamped images is embossed and then colored in using markers. to give the elements more dimension Trudy used pop dots on the right lantern to raise the image and the mat on this image is crimped. For added depth she stippled the edges of the image cardstock ever so lightly (how did you get it so light Trudy?). The Bling is in the rhinestones on the lanterns which sparkle off the embossed images, which is totally lost in the scan.



Created by Ann Owens
Ann used a retired TAC (The Angel Company) stamp and it totally sets off the beauty of her card. For bling she used some square pink rhinestones. Dainty is the true theme of this card accented by the dainty small pink ribbon used on the fold and the rounded corners. Beautiful!

Created by Elly Moore

Thanks Elly for letting me post your card as well. It is very hard to see with this scan the glitter on the center popped tag. It reads Gypsy Diary. Very pritty card.

Now there is one more card from this swap. My own card which I failed to scan before sending it out

No comments: