Saturday, April 26, 2008

Purple Faerie ATC Theme Swap: Faerie Round




Artists: Top Left to Right
Janis Graham - "5 Stars" - Collage layers with acetate being the top layer, stunning depth and a butterfly brad to top it off.
Mindy Rapp - "tooth fairy" - Silver embossed image with color flocking on metallic linen paper. Tooth popped for dimension and a bit of glitter.
Deborah Cariker - "Faerie Dust" - Faerie colored in with gel pens give it a glittery whimsy right along with the torn mulberry paper quote on spectacular metallic purple paper. Faerie B image is a Purple Faerie Stamp.
Middle Left to Right
Nina Perrin - "Faerie Song" - Dimensional paint used with a stencil inked using distressing techniques. Butt Faerie image is a Purple Faerie Stamp. Image stamped, colored and glitter added then spritzed with color wash. She is then 3D pop dotted. (this stamp will be released in May).
Wendy Tunison - Metallic linen paper layered on non metallic paper both in purple. Incredible stamped image (who is the stamp by Wendy?) Glittered faerie leads eye to the rhinestone element in the bottom right corner.
Gretchen Sheridan - Now this is creative...love the use of aluminum foil on this ATC. I'm imagining that the image is a Stampin! Up image but Gretchen will have to confirm that.
Bottom Left to Right
Janis Graham - Hostess Gift - Art by Beth Johnson - Collage layered effect that has incredible depth. This seems to be a honed skill for Janis. Thank you Janis for the gem. I collect Faerie ATC's so this is a great gift to send me.
Stephanie Povey - "Fairy" - First off Stephanie...what is the stamp set you used for the word Fairy? Loooove it! Paper pieced collage, I really like the used of text on the background this really added to the mystic-ness (is that a word) of the ATC.
Bela White - "Twin Fairies" - True to form Bela generally uses the same stamp but each ATC has a different twist to it. I always swap them out and then look to see what I got and I was pleasantly surprised at my Twin Fairies. This is a Close to My Heart image that I've loved since they came out. I love the playfulness with Belas contribution to this swap. Say "hey" everyone to Canada as Bela is our only international ATC player.
Thank you everyone who participated in this swap. All my new faerie beauties are being placed into their special binder page marked for my ATC Faerie Collection.

No comments: